When a person needs improvement, she or he thinks of a much better way to achieve his or her desired results. For example, get fit and maintain it by considering a health club membership.
But doubting sometimes cannot be denied since a lot of stories can be heard regarding people who have already signed up. They are active for more than two sessions and never showed up again.
It is very complicated to purchase and maintain a membership in a health club. But there are guidelines that can help you save money and achieve your fitness needs.
1. Setting up your priorities by listing specific fitness wants and needs. It can include options such as joining a large health club that are open for both males and females, getting access to other clubs, joining an exclusive service for personal training, assessing the frequency of workouts every month, thinking of how to maintain a fitness regimen, and budgeting the money for paying a monthly health club membership.
2. Visiting health clubs once the requirements are identified. Avail of the free passes from these clubs and workout more often upon free periods.
3. Never sign up a health club membership unless your free passes are over. Sometimes managers and sales people can pressure you a lot and encourage you to sign up to avail of discount pricing. Don’t be in a hurry since discount pricing is offered by health clubs all the time.
4. If you decided to join, talk to the sales person regarding membership choices. Never be afraid to sign up a long term health club membership contract. This contract is an installment loan and paid with higher interest rates. But if you think you cannot maintain such payments, never sign the contract. Instead collect all written information and go home. Review it during your leisure time.
5. Ask the sales person everything you want. Never feel pressured or rushed. Don’t forget that your signed contract supersedes any sales person promises. Although everything is written in the contract, these are not legally enforceable. Carefully read the terms and conditions before signing.
6. Make comparisons with every type of membership. Your ultimate decision must answer your needs not basically for availing the short term discounts. It may appear like you are saving money. However, in the end it can cost you a lot.
7. Make sure that cancellation requirements on the different types of health club membership are fully understood. Cancellation of most health clubs with long term contracts are often impossible. Choosing a monthly contract can be a good solution.
8. Never consider automatic payments through credit cards. It can be very difficult to stop the payments once you have decided to cancel your membership.
9. Always check all your paid accounts. This is important in case disputes arise with the health club.
10. When you cancel your membership from the health club, make sure that you obtain it in written form.
Making the right choice depends on how good you are in assessing these guidelines to avail all the advantages of a health club membership.