Obesity cases among children are getting rampant as kids are getting less active as compared to the kids in previous generation. Many parents are concerned about how to get their kids more involved in activities that will help them to get the exercise they need to be healthy.
A great way to get children moving is by promoting partner exercise for kids to keep them motivated and to have fun. Many people are too concerned with actual exercises and sports that involve the child, instead of letting the kids just be active in a way that they find fun and will want to take part in. For children to be motivated I n participating to fitness activities, they should never think of it as an activity but as a source of fun and enjoyment, that way they will be more engaged and active.
Here are some of the great ways to get kids moving with one or more partners which may include a number of games that every child has likely already played at one time or another:
- Tag – Any game of tag, including freeze tag and regular tag, it will get the children moving and they will have fun doing it.
- Hide-and-seek – The kids can hide and will be running around trying to find each other. Children will have to roam around in search of their playmates.
- Races – Let the kids have a sack race, or tie their legs together for a fun three legged race that is sure to have them laughing as much as exercising.
- Team or partner sports – Sign the child up for any sport that requires teams or partners to keep them motivated. Tennis, soccer, hockey, badminton – any sport that gets them moving and has them with a teammate or partner will offer them the advantage of having someone else to exercise with.
- Kick a ball back and forth. Simply kicking a soccer ball back and forth with a friend can give a good workout.
- Game of catch. Throw a ball back and forth and make a game of it.
These are just some of the activities that a child can take part in with a partner. Several advantages for joining children with partner activities would be: it will keep them motivated and they would certainly opt to continue participating in it and it will also give them the feeling of security especially if they have apprehensions in joining activities alone. Likewise, it will also help build their relationship with other people. Dance classes, swimming lessons, and many other activities can be joined with a friend to help the child get the exercise they require.
Unfortunately, today’s society has brought forth so many modern conveniences that there are many children who are simply not taking part in the activities they need to get enough exercise. There are many things that a parent or caregiver can do to encourage children to go out with a friend or group to get the much needed exercise. Have the kids go out and try some of the following ideas with a friend.
- •Build a fort
- •Treasure hunt
- •Ride a bike
- •Make up a game
The ideas are endless for children to be getting the exercise they need. Even if they don’t have a friend they can use as a partner for exercise, if they have a pet, they can use them. Walk the dog or have races with them. A pet will always be a willing partner for exercise with their favorite child. There are many ways to include partner exercise for kids into their daily lives, and with a little creativity, they will be having so much fun, it won’t even feel like exercise.